We take very seriously the job of providing high quality service and protecting your privacy. The information below outlines the commitment we have made to protect your privacy. We do reserve the right to change this agreement, but any changes made will be posted here.
What information do we collect?
If you decide to register on the Website we’ll ask you to provide us with some specific information, for example:
- Basic personal details such as name and email address
- Login details such as username and password
- Payment details such as your payment card information
We may use third party web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to capture information about your use, whether as a subscriber or a guest, of the Website, such as IP address, the time and duration of your visit, and the pages on the Website that you visit. It may also collect information about your browser, device (including your mobile device), location clicks and scrolling activity. The provider of these tools may capture data about your activity on our Website, via cookies and other techniques.
How do we use your personal information
We collect personal information for four main reasons:
- To provide our service: We require some of your basic personal information so our service works as you would expect, for example, emailing the Newsletter to your correct email address, providing access to our digital content, notifying you of changes to our services and dealing with customer services queries.
- To improve and maintain performance: Using personal information helps us understand how our readers use our Website so we can make improvements to the content of the Newsletter and user experience.
- To bill our customers: We, along with our authorized payments processors, securely process your payment information to take payments, give refunds and to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. We will also update your payment information in the event that a payment is unsuccessful. You can manage your payment information at any time by accessing your account on the Website.
- To monitor compliance with our policies and terms: We monitor for breaches of our terms of service. For example, we reserve the right to inform the subscription holder if, through use of a group subscription, you are using our content in breach of the terms of service.
We engage service providers who help to support our business and improve the Newsletter. These service providers include, for example, email automation platforms such as Mailchimp. We have contracts in place with these providers and they can only use your personal information under our instruction.
If your subscription is provided by your employer or educational institution under a group subscription, we will provide your employer or educational institution with information about your level of activity on the site for the purposes of billing. This information is provided at a high level and your employer cannot track exactly what articles you have read. We may also provide current institutional clients with activity information about individual subscribers who registered using that entity’s corporate email address. We will always contact individual subscribers before doing so, and will respect any requests not to share this information.
When you send email or other communication to E-axes, we may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
E-axes does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested or under the following circumstances. You may not opt-out of this sharing:
If we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process (including without limitation subpoenas and court orders), or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of E-axes, its users or the public as required or permitted by law, or (e) to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
How do we protect your information
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that our users’ information is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, use, alteration, or loss.
We restrict access to personal information to E-axes employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data
Terms of service for individual subscribers
Each registration is for a single user only: On registration, you will choose a user name and password (“ID”). You are not allowed to share your ID or give access to the Newsletter’s content through your ID to anyone else. E-axes does not allow multiple users on a network or within an organization to use the same ID. E-axes may cancel or suspend your access to the Website if you share your ID without further obligation to you. You may not create additional registration or subscription accounts for the benefit of others or with the aim of avoiding our use of IDs to control access to and use of the Website.
Users with access under an organisation’s subscription agreement: Your continued access is primarily governed by the subscription agreement of the organization through which you are able to use the Website.
Terms of service for institutional subscribers
The subscribing institution may only provide access to the Newsletter to authorized members of the institution.
Where password access is granted, the institution is responsible for undertaking reasonable measures to prevent access by unauthorized persons to the username and password given to them for accessing the Newsletter. The institution is responsible for notifying E-axes of any unauthorized access to the Newsletter using this password of which they have notice or knowledge.
Violation of these terms by the subscribing institution will lead to the termination of access to the Newsletter and the Website.
E-axes may, at its discretion, modify the terms of service. The terms of service effective at the start of the subscription term will apply for the duration of that subscription.